Friday, May 21, 2010

wow


(Sorry it has taken me so long to get blog and pictures up, the internet here is not reliable at all.)

These past couple days have been filled with emotions of happy, sadness, crying, and many many happy and sad tears! The Covering is truely the best orphanage in Sierra Leone and I am so honored that God choose Kevin to be at The Covering. Our first day we arrived at 6 pm and spent the evening getting settled in. Wednesday was our first full day here and we got up and headed to The Covering. I can't tell you how excited I was for this day! I met Kevin and he immediately bonded with me. He had just woken up from his nap and the caregiver brought him to me. He laid his head on my shoulder and just laid there for about an hour. Oh yes the tears of happiness were flowing. He is truely an amazing child. I prayed for months when I met him that he would connect and God provided is so faithful.

I think the internet is going down so really quick, yesterday was the hardest day of my life. We watched hundreds of dying children. check out www.savetheorphan.blogspot.com

Check out my facebook for pictures. They will not load on my blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment