Monday, May 17, 2010

Today is the day!!

Today is the day that I have been preparing, fundraising and dreaming of for 5 long months!! Today is the day!! I can't believe it here. Our plane leave Springfield at 11:45am and will arrive in Chicago at approximately 1:15pm we will leave Chicago for Brussels, Belgium around 4:15pm and get to Brussels tomorrow morning around 8am and then finally on to Sierra Leone where we will arrive at 6pm Tuesday night. Sierra Leone is 6 hours ahead of U.S. time.

This week I will try and post as many pictures and daily blogs as possible depending on internet and electricity connection.

Yesterday, Robin rode the train in and surprised the kids. They were shocked and so excited to see her. I could not have asked for a better person to be helping Rich with the kids. Please pray for her strength as watching our munckins in not an easy load some days. Oh how I am going to miss them and Richie!

Wednesday is the official 1st day we will be spending at the Orphanage and will be my first time meeting Little Kevin. Check back tomorrow night (hopefully) I will have my first post in Africa! God Bless and thanks for all the prayers and support thru this amazing journey!!

No comments:

Post a Comment