Saturday, May 15, 2010

Anxiety!

The Lord has blessed us with such a wonderful day today! I spent all day with my hubby and kids. We just enjoyed one another, went to a great friends bday party, watched a movie, went to Steak n Shake for dinner, had fun at putt putt and go carts. I am going to miss them terribly while I'm gone :(

While doing my devotions today, God really lead me to a wonderful passage I felt like sharing. I have been facing a bit of fear and anxiety about this trip just because I have never been away from Rich for 9 days and never left the US without my kids or hubby. In Philippians 4:4 "Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, Rejoice! Let your reasonableness be known to everyone. The lord is at hand; do not be ANXIOUS about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made know to God. And the PEACE of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus!

I just felt like sharing this with everyone! It really helped me get a focus on exactly what our journey to Africa is for and to be used as a tool by God, to not be Anxious for tomorrow but to rejoice in this day the Lord has blessed us with!!

No comments:

Post a Comment