Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Words of wisdom!

Wow, these past couple of days and nights have been crazy busy. I am not sleeping well already, I went to bed around 3:30 am this morning. My mind is racing in a million different miles BUT it constantly reminds me to stop, pray and listen. This whole journey for our family is consisted around that. God has been blessing us in every aspect of our life lately and I can't tell you how good it feels to be in the Lord's will.

Today, I enjoyed volunteering at the preschool at church the kids attend on Wednesdays. I got to be in Emma's class and love on her all day.

This afternoon was rather neat. Another example of how God can use the smallest things in life, today he used a water purifier. Yes I said a water purifier LOL. We have had this water purifier on craigslist for a couple of months now and really needed it to sell so I could take the $$ with me to Africa. Well of course God is always right on time. I had a guy call me yesterday and wanted to come look at it tonight. So he came and he got to talking with Rich and I. He just had brain surgery to remove a tumor, has chrones disease, and had back surgery at age 17. Basically he is a walking miracle from God. He was such an inspiration to us and actually gave us more than our asking price just "because he felt like God was telling him too". We then proceeded to tell him what his money was going towards and he said "that's awesome, I am so happy to be a part of your journey to africa." So amazing how we can bless others with a simple reverse osmosis water purifier he is using to make his water cleaner and how he blessed us not only financially but with his good spirit and thankfulness to God for his life. He lives life to the fullest! A good little reminder to live your life that God has planned for you to the fullest!

Well we are down to 4 days! Can't believe it's almost here. It seems like yesterday (September) we began sponsoring Little Kevin in the orphanage. Now in 6 days I will get to meet the little guy!

1 comment:

  1. I cant wait to follow your journey to Africa!!! Keep us posted when you can:))
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete