Saturday, September 4, 2010

The Eagle has Landed!

Rich made it to Sierra Leone at approximately 10 pm last night (Friday). I received an email from him today saying it's been a great first day in country. He got to meet Kevin for the first time and love on our little man for a while today. Oh how I remember that first day, so much excitement not knowing what to expect. Rich is right in his element there. I will try and post more when I hear from them. The internet is not reliable there so the connection isn't always the best. Thanks for all your prayers, keep em coming :)

Also, we are going to be doing another Sierra Leone tshirt giveaway if we can get 100 comments on our blog who ever is the 100th comment will get the choice of a mens or womens Simply Love Sierra Leone amazing t-shirt. So spread the news!!

Also, just wanted to give an encouraging word today or thought. We recently had some flooding issues here and thru it all I ended up having to stick my hand in a hug ditch next to our home that was filled with water and such in the dark, needless to say I couldn't see what I was exactly going to be sticking my hand into. I know this is a crazy analogy but it works. I was thinking to myself after that, God uses us like my hand going into the unknown. We have to trust him that he knows best and no harm will come from it. It's taking a dive in and not knowing if there is alligator infested water or not. We just have to be willing to trust in the Lord to guide and lead us thru those situations in life.

No comments:

Post a Comment