Monday, June 21, 2010

Summertime!

Well I finally have sometime to post again. We love the summertime and although it has been pretty hot here, it's not Africa hot :) I keep telling this to Rich and he just laughs! We had a great weekend and spoiled Rich on Father's Day.

Family news:

Emma turned 5 last Thursday! I can't believe my oldest is 5 now, sniff sniff :) Where does the time go. She is turning into such a beautiful young woman. She has played princess dress up for the past week and is so excited to finally be 5. It's so precious. I just love this age.

Jayden is sillier than ever. I think the summer brings out his giggles and silliness even more. He's just like his daddy, the little comedian. We are so blessed with such wonderful children.

Sierra Leone news:

We are now trying to raise money for Rich to travel to Sierra Leone in September of this year to travel with the medical team. Yes, I said medical team. No he will not be doing anything medical besides applying band-aids and loving on the kids, had you scared there for a minute didn't I? LOL This will be an opportunity for him to go and meet Kevin and all the wonderful kids at the Covering. It will give him a chance to see the culture and be used however God needs him. So let the fundraising ideas begin..... If you have any please please email them to me at tiff.johnson85@gmail.com We only have 2 months (technically 4-6 weeks for the funds needed) before he travels. We need to raise approximately $3200. WOW! We serve a God of miracles! I can't wait to see him in action loving on our kids at The Covering and helping however he is needed. He will do so well in Sierra Leone. It makes my heart happy to know that I married a man of God who will do anything for his family and wants to help in anyway possible.

Also, we are still needing doctors, nurses, counselors, etc. for the Sept. Trip. If you know anyone who would be interested in traveling please email me.

Check out the video recap of my trip from May http://www.vimeo.com/12292225 It's about 20 mins long but so worth it!

Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment